There’s nothing worse than not having enough room to relax at your kitchen table… unless it’s having that same dining room table taking up too much of your limited living space.
If you live in a shared home, student residence, small apartment, or tiny home, a folding dining table is a perfect solution to that very problem. A good folding table will give you room to eat by yourself or with someone else – but then it can tuck neatly and efficiently away, not taking up space until it is needed. Many folding dining tables also have the added benefit of bringing extra storage space into your life.
Before purchasing a folding dining table, you’ll want to consider how many people you want to be able to seat, where the table will be located, and the dimensions of your space. Here are some of our favorite folding dining tables to get you thinking!
If you’ve ever lived in a place with limited kitchen storage, you’ll see right away why we love this table so much! The table top can be folded down on one or both sides, meeting a variety of spacing needs. Underneath you’ll find four shelves, hidden away but providing some wonderful additional storage for your kitchen.
- A powder-coated steel frame makes this table hardy and durable
- The sturdy MDF tabletop is easy to clean
- The combination of oak color and clean white lines makes it an elegant and attractive addition to any area
- Some assembly is required (instructions and hardware kit included)
- Overall Dimension: 66.5″Lx24.4″Dx29.5″H
- Half Folded Dimension: 39.2″Lx24.4″Wx29.5″H
- Fully Folded Dimension: 13″Lx24.4″Wx29.5″H
- Shelf Dimension (each tier): 11.2″Lx9.4″Wx11.6″H
If you prefer an even smaller and less obtrusive table, it’s hard to find one simpler and more efficient than this one. This dual drop-leaf style opens up to 40.6 inches of width, but when folded away it becomes only 10.6 inches wide! That’s an amazingly small size that can be tucked easily away when the table is not in use. We particularly appreciate the fact that at this size, it is easy to store this table in a closet or under a bed.
- Laminated particle board has been tested for stain resistance and is easy to clean
- When folded, this table has only two legs. When opened up, two additional legs come out with a simple unfolding button, adding sturdiness and structure to your table.
- Easy storage when not in use
- Simple and attractive design
- Some assembly is required
- This model does not provide additional storage space for your kitchen
- Expandable Dimension: 40.6″Lx29.9 “Wx28.9″H
- Folded Dimension: 29.9″Lx10.6″Wx28.9″H
You may be looking for something more than a dining room table. Students will love this combination book shelf and table, which provides a place to eat or a place to study depending on the time of day. It also gives you three shelves of storage for textbooks and papers. Perfect for dorm rooms or other small spaces!
- A natural wood color makes this combination shelf and table go well in any space
- Natural-grade MDF and a metal frame make the unit sturdy, safe, and free of toxins
- An open top shelf means that this unit looks great even when folded away
- Some assembly required
- “Anti-toppling accessories” are included, should you wish to mount the unit to your wall.
- Overall Dimension(Expanded): 17″L x 39.25″W x 41.75″H
- Overall Dimension(Folded): 17″L x 14.25″W x 41.75″H
We love that this drop-leaf breakfast table comes fully equipped with two matching stools! But that doesn’t stop this super affordable option from stowing away easily. The stools can be stored right in the body of the table, making it easy to drop the leaf and roll the whole unit against a wall, where it takes up a mere 15 inches of space.
- This set includes one table and two stools
- Two drawers provide extra space for storage, while a towel rack on the side lets you keep your linens handy
- 360° wheel movement allows you to easily move the table around
- The solid hardwood structure has a natural finish that keeps it moisture resistant, easy to clean, and great to look at!
- Some simple assembly is required
- Stools do not come with feet; felt pads are recommended for hardwood flooring
- Stool Dimension: 11.25″W x 11.25″D x 20.75″H
- Expanded Table Dimension: 26.75″L x 29.00″W x 0.50″T
- Folded Table Dimension: 26.75″L x 15.00″W